Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Inspirations and Ideals

"Which woman is the best inspiration for you?"
In a program organized to celebrate soon-to-come International Women's Day, I face such question.Surely, it is an interesting question, though I couldn't find the answer easier. The focused participants of the program were some school girls, most of them mentioned their mothers or teachers as their inspirations.
I thought for some minutes: Don't I have inspiration from any woman? Or can't or don't I want to acknowledge them? Answers of both questions are "NO" to me. But, why can't I tell them who is my inspiration?

Still I am zeroing in on it. Now, I have some ideas.
No person (I unconsciously wrote here "man" first, but deleted and placed "person" for inclusive language) is perfect. To be ideal is to be perfect, so no person is ideal for me. As many people opine that human beings are made-up of unique mixture of intelligence and stupidity. When I think of any seemingly ideal person, first I want to mention him/her as an inspiration and ideal. Later, however, I remember the ugly truth of human life that no one is faultless. So, I so far haven't mentioned anyone as my single or specific source of inspiration.
It doesn't mean that I don't have any inspirations. Yes, I do have many, and today's m living is guided and influenced by many people. They all are inspiration for me, but they are not solely inspirations. Their motivation to me is only partial. If I just mention names of 2-3 person, it would be injustice for others, I think so.
However, you might argue that among many, there can be some top priorities . Yes, there can be. My weakness appears here. I haven't (tried to) set my priority-list of top inspirations. I am now thinking to do it. When I'll do, I surely share with you, if you don't hesitate to know it!
But, I am feeling sorry to those schoolgirls, who didn't find my answers. I was supposed to be able to answer it, by I couldn't. I apologize with  you, my lovely sisters!

1 comment:

  1. MEH....I am the inspiration for myself(DON'T bother about grammer,I know it). Actually, the best women inspiration for me is my GRANNY (my maternal grandmom).

    ReplyDelete