Saturday, March 16, 2013

Parody: This is Just to Say

Our poetry teacher Prakash Subedi says one of the best ways to appreciate a good poem is to compose parodies of them. So, he had assigned us to write parodies of the well-known poem 'This Is Just To Say' by William Carlos Williams. Thus, here are a couple of parodies written by me:
First, lets look at the original poem:

This Is Just To Say

  by William Carlos Williams
I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold


Parody 1:

I have torn
the note 
that you had 
left here

and which
you were probably 
wishing
me to read

forgive me
I was tired
so drowsy
and so drunk.


Parody 2:

I have dialed
the numbers
that were on
your cell

and which
you were probably
saving
for your affairs

forgive me
they talked to me
so sweet
and so merry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment