Thursday, May 6, 2010

Banda Blogging

"What matters that I am open, if the nation is closed?" I kept it Facebook status, with much laziness. Really, I am frustrated in this Banda.
Do you know why? At first, it is so longer. If today was not Banda, I would be in rush for the whole day in studies and some little of bigger works. But now, you know what I am doing. I have not crossed the gate of my home for last few days.  Where to go? Why to go? What to do? Whom to meet? How to go? So, I stay at home the whole day. Sometimes I read, sometimes I watch TV, sometimes I enjoy Facebook, sometimes I do some pending personal works, I can do whatever I wish. If I feel bored to do anything, I just nap for some minutes.
Despite such plenty of time available to me, I haven't written on blogs. I don't know exactly why I am not willing to write. What to write on? Nothing is there except the Banda. What to write about Banda? Everyone I have met is saying that Banda is irritating, I hate it. Do I need to repeat that again in my blogs? I think no. Really, who can be there to enjoy Banda except the organizers and their blind followers? And so, the people have begun to retaliate them.
But wait, this Banda is not the longest one in our history. The fresh 2006 April movement was three times longer than it. However, the great difference lies between these two. Then, the general people were protestors, today only the cadres of the party are protesting. Then, they demanded the change in state system and laws, today they demand change in prime minister! (How shameful, does this demand deserve such movement?) Then, the organizer was parties' alliance, today it is the single party. Though, the organizer claims it to be 'Janaandolan' (People's Movement), certainly it is not; because its organizer and participants don't represent whole and general people as the past Janaandolans did.
Yes, protests are democracy-guaranteed rights. But, it is not for democracy, I feel so. I had a chat with one respectable personality, who has greater political acquaintance than me.  He at first said, "Let is be. It's matter of democracy. They have rights to do so." The, I asked, "Do you think will democracy be stronger than today, it the Aandolan gets success?" He replied, "How can that be Bhai! Rather, it might be more vulnerable."
I am praying to get rid of it soon. Yesterday, I again kept a new Facebook status, "Does anyone know anything when will this Banda end?" So far, no has replied anything. I am, still waiting any reply for that question.

1 comment:

  1. In my area situation is not as bleak as yours. People in my tole are trying to make this bandha fruitful in some way. Therefore they are all geared up to clean the tole and they are also filling all the ditches and the potholes in our area. These people had never had time to think outside their lives during normal days. Now, they are teamed up to work for the tole. And so far they have done pretty good job. So, instead of simply whinnying about the situation we all can make something out of it.

    ReplyDelete