Saturday, April 10, 2010

Tired in the model VDC


Today, I enjoyed the full day with Dream Centre girls at Godavari, for a picnic. Really, it was a great fun. It was UNEXPLANABLY joyful. So, I am not going to describe it. Rather, I am here sharing an experience, which might make you negative toward such a beautiful village.
(If time allows me, I will post another piece to describe joy of it.)
I had an exam this morning so that I was left by other friends and I had to go alone later. It was not problem for me, so did I. When I was near to the venue, one of our friends called me, who was already on the venue and asked me to bring some medicines. I thought that I can get them after I take off the microbus. After, I took of the microbus and asked the local people about where the medical shop is there. I was surprised to hear from them that the place does not have any medical shop unless we return to TAUKHEL, some one and half kilometer far from that. I had no option, except to go there and bring those medicines.
During my visit back, I saw a board which told that Godavari is a "MODEL" VDC (Namuna GABISA). This information surprised me. How can Godavari be a model VDC, where we have to walk nearly 3o minutes (or more than that) for a single piece of medicine?
Yes, Godavari is extremely beautiful naturally and also developed a lot on other sectors, comparing to other VDCs of Nepal. But, why is it so in the case of health?
Now also I am remembering the same tiredness I felt when I was on the way to search medical shop. Oh, it made me tired again… I can't write more…Good night…

No comments:

Post a Comment